Become a promotion agent
Promotion agent for the Official-Languages Programs
We thank you for your interest and invite you to send us your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews usually take place between the months of March and July. Please be sure to clearly indicate your past experience with the programs (Destination Clic, Explore, Odyssey).
The mandate of promotion agents is to promote the following three Official-Languages Programs, with the goal of increasing the number of participants:
In cooperation with provincial or territorial coordinators, promotion agents are responsible for planning visits to schools, colleges, universities, other institutions, and fairs in their assigned regions. In order to prepare selected candidates for their role as promotion agents, the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC), organizes and conducts a compulsory pan-Canadian training session in Quebec City in August. Promotion agents will receive training in promotion and communication techniques, time management, administrative procedures, and related topics.
Responsibilities of the promotion agent include:
- in cooperation with their provincial or territorial coordinators and with CMEC, planning, organizing, and coordinating travel and visits to educational institutions in their assigned regions to promote the programs;
- arranging visits to any other relevant organizations or events (e.g., information fairs, educational events, employment fairs) and distributing promotional materials to students and officials at educational institutions and at places such as banks and cafés;
- promoting the programs by preparing and delivering dynamic presentations in classrooms, at kiosks, and to various groups;
- keeping their coordinators informed of their itineraries and visits on a weekly basis;
- performing other program-related duties as requested by the coordinators;
- preparing a final activity report; and
- representing CMEC and the province or territory in a professional manner.
Interested candidates must go through Odyssey's application process or be working as an Odyssey language-assistant. For more information, contact the coordinator of your home province or territory about this exciting opportunity.
Selected candidates must:
- meet the criteria required to participate in Odyssey;
- be fluent in French and English;
- have excellent presentation skills in both official languages;
- be dynamic and enthusiastic;
- be able to work independently and in a group;
- have strong organizational skills;
- have excellent time-management skills;
- have a sense of adventure; and
- have a valid driver’s licence.
Promotion agents will:
- work 25 hours per week from the beginning of September through May 31;
- receive a sum of $25,000* (around $27/hour, or 2,700/month, for 25 hours per week) for the nine-month work term; and
- be paid a per diem for visits to institutions and other sites.
* This amount is taxable.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your résumé and cover letter by fax, e-mail, or post to:
Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC)
95 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 1106
Toronto, Ontario M4V 1N6
CMEC thanks all candidates for their interest in this position. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
CMEC is an equal-opportunity employer. Priority will be given to candidates who have previous experience with the Official-Languages Programs.
Promotion agents are expected to work in the ministry/department office of their respective provincial or territorial coordinators.